RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., June 23, 2009- Geomagic, the world leader in digital shape sampling and processing (DSSP) software, has launched a new online support center to more efficiently serve, support and engage with customers and partners on a 24/7 basis.
"Geomagic's support has always been a great asset - it's like having a team of researchers helping to solve problems and create individualized solutions," says Jason Luke, an industrial designer with Carlson & Co., a Los Angeles-based engineering and fabrication company. "The online support center extends the Geomagic knowledge base on the web, providing a wealth of resources that are easy to access and use anytime, anywhere."
Everything to help customers succeed
Features of the new Geomagic support center include:
- A fully-searchable Knowledge Base with nearly 500 support references created by professionals who have resolved issues for Geomagic customers. The Knowledge Base is constantly updated, expanded and refined to ensure customers have the latest information.
- User guides, tutorials and videos that lead users through the workflows of products such as Geomagic Studio 3D modeling software and Geomagic Qualify 3D inspection software.
- Downloads of products, plug-ins, file converters, drivers and other resources.
- A Troubleshooter that guides customers through a step-by-step process to find answers to critical questions.
- The ability to submit a support ticket and track its status, provide feedback, and contact nearby Geomagic service representatives.
"Support is a major component in our commitment to provide the best possible customer experience," says Steven Perkins, Geomagic technical support manager. "The Geomagic online support center delivers on our company tagline, 'the magic of making it simple.'"
Geomagic (www.geomagic.com) is a global company dedicated to advancing and applying 3D technology for the benefit of humanity. Geomagic’s scanning and design software solutions are used to capture and model 3D content from physical objects, organically sculpt complex shapes, and prepare products for manufacturing. In addition, the company produces powerful 3D metrology and inspection software that verifies dimensional quality by comparing as-built products to master designs. Geomagic’s Sensable Phantom haptic devices simulate the sense of touch in a digital environment.
Geomagic’s software and hardware are utilized by world-class customers in a variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, medical, consumer products, toys, collectibles, coindesign, jewelry, fine art, heritage restoration, research, education, mold making, entertainment, training and surgical simulation. In fact, some of the world’s leading companies and research organizationsuse Geomagic software, including Ford, BMW,Boeing, Harley Davidson, Timberland, Mattel/Fisher Price, Lego, Pratt & Whitney, NASA, Schneider Electronic, 3M, Danaher and Invisalign. Geomagic is based in Research Triangle Park, N.C., USA, with an office in Boston, subsidiaries in Europe and Asia, and channel partners worldwide.
Geomagic, Geomagic Studio, Geomagic Qualify, Geomagic Qualify Probe, Geomagic Spark, Wrap, Geomagic Wrap, Phantom, OpenHaptics, Omni, Freeform, Claytools, Sensable and Sensable Technologies, Inc. are trademarks or registered trademarks of Geomagic Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.